Age determination is based on the age of the participant on or before September 1st, 2022
PRACTICES AND GAMES
- 5 & 6 age divisions will do a practice/play. They have a 20-minute practice then a game directly after the practice on the day in which you are registered for.
Basketball Jersey & Shorts (will receive before first games)
Members: $80 Non-Member: $160
October 3rd-October 10th YMCAUP Member Only
October 11th-December 6th Member & Non- Member Registration
- Other Equipment Required: Athletic, non-scuff Shoes
Game Schedules will be posted to our sports website, baxtercloseysports.com
Children are not the only key component of YMCA Youth Sports Programs. The YMCA relies on dedicated adult volunteers to provide leadership as coaches, officials, score keepers, and team parents and assist with fund raising campaigns. Your time and talents are needed at the YMCA.
Sick Policy: If you child is showing any flu like symptoms, please do not attend practice or games. Your child may return to practice and games when there are no symptoms.
What to Expect:
- Introduction to Passing
- Introduction to Positioning & Defense
- Introduction to Dribbling
- Basic Shooting Form
Kids will start to learn fundamentals at this age level. The importance of this age is to learn. Coaches are looking to introduce all aspects of offense while promoting growth on and off the court.
The season will begin with practices the week of January 2nd-6th, 2023
- Members: $80 | Non-Member: $160
- Registration closes December 6th